THE RTÉ Guide BEST TV MOMENT OF 2011
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
The RTÉ Guide has teamed up with IFTA in the search for Ireland’s best TV Moment from 2011. The Irish nation can now decide what their ultimate TV Moment was in 2011, whether it was engaging, entertaining, uplifting, funny or TV that just made you proud, you can nominate your favourite moment, by voting online for FREE! www.rte.ie/tvmoments.
To help get the voting off to a gallop, an independent Judging Panel was brought in to determine the short-list of Ten Moments for the public to choose from. The Jury panel included; international rugby star Jamie Heaslip; comedian and broadcaster Mario Rosenstock; model Rozanna Purcell and broadcaster Hector Ó h'Eochagáin; with the RTÉ Guide’s own Michael Doherty and chaired by IFTA CEO Áine Moriarty.
The RTÉ Guide Best TV Moment of 2011 nominees (in alphabetical order) are:
· Barack Obama Addressing Ireland from College Green
· Ireland beat Estonia and qualify for the European Championships
· Ireland v Australia - Rugby World Cup
· Irish teen Damien McGinty Wins The Glee Project
· President Michael D. Higgins’ Inauguration Speech from Dublin Castle
· Queen Elizabeth II Speech at Dublin Castle State Banquet
· Rory McIlroy’s Major Breakthrough
· Rose of Tralee goes Hip Hop
· Shamrock Rovers Europa League Qualifying Goal
· Stephen Fry’s guest appearance on Ros na Rún
You can vote now on www.rte.ie/tvmoments for the nominee you think deserves to be crowned the RTÉ Guide Best TV Moment of 2011. And as an added bonus, anyone voting will also be entered into a competition where they can win an exclusive VIP night at the Irish Film & Television Awards, taking place in Dublin’s Convention Centre on Saturday 11th of February and broadcasting on RTÉ One at 9.30pm
About RTÉ Guide
The RTÉ Guide is Ireland’s largest selling magazine with an ABC circulation figure of 87,561 (ABC 2009) and a readership figure of 588,000 (TGI 2010). It is a family focused lifestyle and entertainment weekly magazine with a full listing of all terrestrial and popular satellite channels. It has weekly updates on the latest movies, music and book releases and a very strong lifestyle section covering the latest trends in beauty, fashion and interiors.